Monte carlo simulations
Details/Intricacies in running Monte Carlo simulations in spectre using UMC 130nm libraries
Things to do
- Select appropriate model libraries from the "Monte_carlo folder eg: "/srv/foundry/UMC/UMC_L130E_MIXEDMODE_RF_16Jan2011/umc130nm/rf/Designkits/Cadence/Models/Spectre/Monte_Carlo/L130E_HS12_V241_MC_CORNER.lib.scs"
- Define a variable called 'sigma' and give a value of '3'
- mc -- monte carlo section -- allows running "Process & Mismatch" option during monte-carlo runs -- varies both process (which is common for all transistors in the design) and mismatch (which differentiates all transistors irrespective of their physical distance on silicon)
- mc - section with "Mismatch" Option assumes "tt" corner.
- tt, ss, ff, fnsp, fnsp -- allows running on "mismatch" option ("Process & mismatch" option can be run, the process is not varied) -- selects a particular corner -- mismatch can be simulated
How to test the above statements
- When a section other that "mc" is selected:
- Running "Process" option gives an error
- Running "Process & Mismatch" yields same results as "Mismatch"